What we’ll do
You will step into the shoes of a beekeeper for a couple of memorable hours. Your experience includes the following.
– Upon your arrival at 3 Acres we will give you a short description and then suit you up in a bee suit.
– Steve will then take you out to our apiary which is a skip and a hop away across the road.
– You will have a hands on, educational experience with the bees, ask all the questions you’ve ever wanted to know about bees, honey etc…
– Once we’ve closed up the hives we will move towards the honey house and we will show you the extraction room and the mead making facility.
– Back to where we started from, and you’ll be given samples of the different kinds of honey (see who can guess which honey is from which harvest, spring summer or fall) and mead tasting.
– As an appreciation for your visit, you will leave with a jar of freshly extracted honey.
What we’ll provide
Home made honey lemonade, beekeeping suit & gloves. For your protection, please wear full covered shoes or boots and high socks. We don’t want any uncovered skin please.
***A minimum of 2 people is required for the experience!